Declined: Expo - hunter

Go down

Declined: Expo - hunter Empty Declined: Expo - hunter

Post  expo on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:59 am

In-game name: expo
Class: Hunter, currently trying mm-specc with armpen.
Professions: Jewelcrafting and Engineering.
A link to your character on Armory: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&cn=Expo
Other relevant gear: Some random lvl 213, 219 stuff to puzzle with to get hit caps etc.

Previous experience
How long have you played WOW? From release night with a few breaks for a couple of months. I activated my account three days ago, I took a break when 3.1 was released.
Other characters? Got a 80 warrior with full naxx gear on outland as well.
Raiding experience? I took a break a few weeks after 3.1 was released so ulduar and everything before that.
Your guild history. Previous guilds and why did you leave them?
My last guild was <Sanctified> on outland. I left them because of some drama. Raid leader got annoyed when ppl did more dps then himself. He left with the guild bank etc. I'm not playing for the drama and wow wasn't fun anymore.

Before <Sanctified> I played in my current guild <Male Bonding>. Some irl friends that mostly played pvp. We was pretty serious for some time. Ranked #36 5v5 team in SK-gaming was our biggest achievement i guess. Season 3-4 or something like that. I was named Leandro and played a NE male back then.

Current situation
Do you have a working microphone?
Plenty.
During what times can you raid? And how often? (We raid Thuesday, Thursday and Sunday 19:30-23.00 CET) 95% of the times. Sometime my work takes a lot of time.

Why do you want to join Unsafe and what will you bring the guild?
I want to join a guild with mature and competent people.
And i hope to bring back the same joy that i expect to get from you guys.
Some quality time playing, not a lot of waiting at people or arguing about changing dkp-rules because the raidleaders friend needs something etc. Just playing wow in a pretty casual but competent way. I've been playing hardcore pve and that is not what I'm looking for, I'm looking for a healthy balance between wow and real life.
And i hope that i will bring some humor and good times along with the playing.

Do you know any players already in the guild? Who?
Unfortunately not.

Tell us about yourself
I work as a real estate agent, I'm usually way to drunk on weekends, i make out with too many ugly girls and I spend all my money on stuff i don't need. As a wow player I am pretty serious, I love to theorycraft and I think one of the funniest parts with wow is analyzing spread sheets and commenting on elitist jerks. I always try to find the best specc/gems/enchants. I don't have full knowledge about the current hunter class since i started playing three days ago, but it wont take long. I'm a swift learner. I haven't set my foot inside of icc yet but i have so far in my whole wow-career never seen a boss without knowing complete tactics from videos and guides (and almost every time executed the tactics right). In my own opinion i am a good wow-player that rarely makes any mistakes.

I do not have the best gear right now, but I don't see that as a problem. I think I'll be able to put out decent dps pretty fast and learn all tactics before I'm entering the instances.

expo

Back to top Go down

Declined: Expo - hunter Empty Re: Declined: Expo - hunter

Post  Vira on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:15 am

Your gear and lack of experience in ICC kinda work against you. I guess, unlike you I do see that as a problem. I mean, even our alts have alot better gear than you before joining any of our alt raids (It's really fast to get at least T9 from doing heroics, if you are determined enough), and we are working on getting Lich King down atm, and really need ppl with gear and experience.

I'm not an officer though, but just felt I would contribute to the thread with some constructive critism. It doesn't hurt putting some effort into your char before applying to guilds. Wanting to join a guild that does the endgame of an expansion, in gear from the beginning of the expansion, just doesn't show much dedication to me. Casual does not equal not having to put in some effort. :/

Vira

Back to top Go down

Post  expo on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:27 am

Vira wrote:Your gear and lack of experience in ICC kinda work against you. I guess, unlike you I do see that as a problem. I mean, even our alts have alot better gear than you before joining any of our alt raids (It's really fast to get at least T9 from doing heroics, if you are determined enough), and we are working on getting Lich King down atm, and really need ppl with gear and experience.

I'm not an officer though, but just felt I would contribute to the thread with some constructive critism. It doesn't hurt putting some effort into your char before applying to guilds. :/

Yes, you are completely right, it is easy to get gear nowadays.
I've been playing since Tuesday and bought Mark of Supremacy yesterday and i will buy one more T9 this week. That is why i don't see it as such a big problem.

Maybe it would have looked better to farm heroics and vault for a week or two before applying, but i do trust your judgement =)

expo

Back to top Go down

Post  Vira on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:40 am

I'm glad you see my point. Still, I wish you good luck. Smile

Vira

Back to top Go down

Post  Winno on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:41 am

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to decline you.

Like Viira said, your gear is just not up for Lich King and ICC hardmodes. When we came back we started doing ICC in Ulduar hardmode gear and badge T9, and the difference in our performance from that to our current T10 is pretty massive. Gear is indeed not everything but it’s still a big part of the game.

Best of luck in your search for a new guild Smile
Winno
Winno

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down