Ireland

Class:
Warlock

Professions:
Mining and Tailoring

A link to your character on Armory:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&cn=Furyio

If you have any other relevant gear, please describe it:
Have a nice full pvp set. More importantly however I have a druid alt currently running through TOC and ICC, who is mainspec resto but has strong balance offspec putting out 5k dps and higher.

Previous experience
How long have you played WOW?
I am playing WoW since original Alpha testing over 5 years ago.

Do you have any other characters (server/name/class)?
Kromus - Druid Restoration/Balance
Currently gearing up through ICC and ToC25, this Druid has come along way fast and capable of doing nice high dps in Balance, and more then capable of healing any raid I've encountered.

What is your raiding experience?
In recent history.
I've cleared all Wotlk content except ToC Heroic 10 and 25, Ulduar HM, Ulduar Yogg. I am currently at Rotface with guild, but they just dont have the ability to progress.
I've cleared 5 bosses in ICC10 and 4 bosses in ICC25.

Your guild history. Previous guilds and why did you leave them?
I'm currently in Army of the hypno toad, and recently setup their new website and forum, but I need a change. The guild has been thoroughly tested through ICC and it is pretty obvious that progression will be slow and painful, if not existent. I want to progress at a slighty faster pace.

I originally loved the guild but members I liked have since moved on and I want to aswell.

Current situation
Do you have a working microphone?
Yes

During what times can you raid? And how often? (We raid Thuesday, Thursday and Sunday 19:30-23.00 CET)
I can attend all raid events. I do however play airsoft on Sunday and might find it tough getting home on time for the Sunday raid.

Why do you want to join Unsafe and what will you bring the guild?
I noticed the guild advertisement on the forums. The 9/9 clear imediatly impressed me. I will bring intellegence, humour, discipline and patience to the guild. I understand the concept of whiping and progression fully. I will also bring ambition and desire, that I hope a guild can match me with.
most of all I long for self development and improvement. I want to become a better player, not through gear or being carried, but as an actual player.

Do you know any players already in the guild? Who?
I know Getchy from social chatting on a private chat channel in the server.

Tell us about yourself
I'm 21years old from Ireland currently studying business information systems in Dublin. I'm in my final year and next year will be moving onto a masters degree. I play airsoft for one of the top teams in Ireland, and I'm a commander of this team This requires leading my men on the field, and running admin work of the field. So I have a good sense of rank, discipline, and doing what I'm told.

I'm highly social and easy to get on with. I'm always up for a laugh, and can take a joke no matter the offence intended, and then dish it back twice as hard.

Hope to hear form oyu soon, any questions let me know.

Daniel.

Kromus

Back to top Go down

Accepted: Furyio - Warlock Empty Re: Accepted: Furyio - Warlock

Post  Benylin on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:14 am

Hi Daniel really nice app.

Are you interested in playing your Warlock exclusively? Or is your druid a posibility?
Also could you log out in your Druids Balance gear and drop me a link on here so we can take a look at the gear.

Reason I ask this is you would have a higher chance of getting in as a Boomkin than as a lock, although dont let me put you off if you are pasionate about progressing with your lock, as we can make exceptions to the rule when we have apps like yours that impress.
Benylin
Benylin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kromus on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:43 am

Armoury

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&cn=Kromus

I play both my chars as much as each other. Although my Warlock is the stronger.

My druid is just starting to progress through ICC 10 ad picking up gear as balance.

I'll throw my balance gear on and you can have a look.

I have been gearing him mainly as Resto but I've picked up some nice Balance gear, and running him frequently in a guild environment as strictly balance, he can only get better.

I'm kinda not pushed on which I want to play more in reality. I figure I get all the work done on both. I probably would end up playing the Druid more since hes further behind in gear.

Anymore questions let me know.

Kromus

Back to top Go down

Post  Winno on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:45 am

Nice application, we will discuss it and get back to you shortly Smile
Winno
Winno

Back to top Go down

Post  Heavenleigh on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 am

Very nice application.

I just wanted to stress, since as you put it you wanted some faster progression, that we're raiding strictly 10 man (and go into pugs for those who want some 25 man gear) and that we only raid 3 nights a week Razz

Heavenleigh

Back to top Go down

Post  Benylin on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:28 am

Heavenleigh wrote:Very nice application.

I just wanted to stress, since as you put it you wanted some faster progression, that we're raiding strictly 10 man (and go into pugs for those who want some 25 man gear) and that we only raid 3 nights a week Razz

Also how do you feel about the odd rotation?
Benylin
Benylin

Back to top Go down

Post  Winno on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Benylin wrote:Also how do you feel about the odd rotation?
What he means is: We are aiming for having 3 melee dps and 4 ranged dps so obvioulsy everyone cant raid every day Smile
Is that fine with you?

And another question for me: What sort of dps can you do on your oomkin?
Winno
Winno

Back to top Go down

Post  Xianda on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Furyio wrote:Armoury

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&cn=Kromus

I play both my chars as much as each other. Although my Warlock is the stronger.

My druid is just starting to progress through ICC 10 ad picking up gear as balance.

I'll throw my balance gear on and you can have a look.

I have been gearing him mainly as Resto but I've picked up some nice Balance gear, and running him frequently in a guild environment as strictly balance, he can only get better.

I'm kinda not pushed on which I want to play more in reality. I figure I get all the work done on both. I probably would end up playing the Druid more since hes further behind in gear.

Anymore questions let me know.

Regarding the druid's gear, the only thing that i can comment on (i play my druid as moonkin, and used to raid with it this one )

Is that your crit chance seems abit low, but as you said your gemmed for resto so i am guessing it will change quickly.

Good Apply and GL
Xianda
Xianda

Back to top Go down

Post  Kromus on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:10 am

So to answer questions.

I am fine with 10 man progression, its all I'm interested in tbh, I find larger raids impersonal and you can easily be shut out and not get involved in the social aspect.

I pug 25's weekly with the same folk mostly so I'm fine on that front.

Rotation is fine for me, like I said I've 3 levels 80's and have no problem taking a seat. The only problem I have is if I'm asked to take a seat or go stand by, and the person replacing me doesnt bother to show up. I was one of the highest dps in my warlocks guild, and numerous times volunteered to sit out to let others get in and get gear, to which they failed to turn up and I had to come on at short notice.

My Balance isn't the highest gear, but he very quickly geared considering he is raiding less then a month.

All my focus was on resto where I hit my haste cap etc. I know the balance rotation down well, but obviously I need to take some notes if there is any caps to be hit in relation to crit/haste.

My dps is usually 5k+ on bossfights in ICC 10. This will only improve, you just have to look at my gear, and remember he was balance offspec, so any further gear gained I'll be aiming towards balance ( should I be succesful in my application)

The one thing I do phenominally well in this game, is gearing characters quickly.

Kromus

Back to top Go down

Post  Winno on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi again,
Nice answers Smile

Would you be available for a quick chat on vent, either around 19.00 servertime today or sometime tomorrow?

And just to address your concern, we dont get a lot of no-shows to our raids. That dont tend to happen unless there have been some kind of accident or something. We are more like the kind of guild that fight over raidspots like dogs with a bone Razz
Winno
Winno

Back to top Go down

Post  Morphine on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:17 pm

interesting application with some quality answers. On the surface you would appear to be just what we look for in a applicant. As stormfox said about, would be interested in a chat on vent at some point soonish.
Morphine
Morphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Kromus on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Yeah I'll be free today from 4pm servertime.

Small update btw.

Last night I cleared ICC on my Druid up to Blood council and will be continuing tonight with the pug ( i play with alot of irish players) hopefully to new wing.

I was assigned to handle the orbs and that boss that casts shadowbolt and was managing it well ernough after the first attempt.

I also got myself badges for my first T10 ( could have 3 by now but was only using him as an alt Razz )

So let me know if I'm good to go, cause I'll swop to balance main spec, and I want to spend my badges Very Happy

Kromus

Back to top Go down

Post  Winno on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Ill PM you with our vent details so we can have a quick chat at about 19.00 tonight then, you should get a final answer right after that Smile
Winno
Winno

Back to top Go down

Post  Kromus on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:49 pm

Can I just say how nice it is also to see a guilds homepage updated regulalry with achievements and progress Smile

Kromus

Back to top Go down

Post  Benylin on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Furyio wrote:Can I just say how nice it is also to see a guilds homepage updated regulalry with achievements and progress Smile

One of our petty hates seeing slack on the home page Razz
Benylin
Benylin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down