Accepted: Tinyhaggis - DK Tank

Go down

Accepted: Tinyhaggis - DK Tank Empty Accepted: Tinyhaggis - DK Tank

Post  haggis on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:49 pm

In-game name:
Tinyhaggis (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Tinyhaggis)

Scotland

Class:
Death Knight

Professions:
Herbalism & Alchemy, both 450 skill

How long have you played WoW?
Since retail vanilla launch, on and off.

Do you have any other characters?
Haggisman, LVL80 Dwarf Hunter on Outland
Various non-80 alts.

What is your raiding experience?
Didn't raid until WOTLK - was more of a casual player before then, and couldn't dedicate the time to a 40-man raid guild. Tanked all of Naxx 10, the majority of Naxx 25 and Ulduar 10 up to and including Vezax. Took a break for a few months after my old guild lost interest, then transferred my two main characters from Deathwing Horde to Outland Alliance as I quite fancied a change.

Your guild history?
Officer of "Hostile" on Deathwing Horde - we were the 5th guild to kill Vezax in Ulduar. The guild folded due to lack of interest and RL commitments from some of the core members.

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes, and I use Ventrilo all the time to talk to my old guildmates.

During what times and how often can you raid?
Most nights MON-FRI after 5.30pm GMT, mostly unavailable on SAT and available all-day SUN. I can be flexible regarding raid times.

Why do you want to join Unsafe and what will you bring the guild?
Looking for a raiding guild with good players and a relaxed atmosphere. I would bring my bizarre Scottish humour to voicecomms and would help the guild progress through the most recent content.

Do you know any players already in the guild? Who?
No-one, although my mate Macwah already has applied or is considering it!

Anything else?
Been playing games for a very long time, and have just upgraded my PC to an all-singing and part-dancing Intel i7 920 system. Stable FPS, 20MB cable connection, lovely jubbly.

I'm aware that I need to stack more stamina on my tank - I have been playing my hunter the most recently, but will start farm upgrades if this application is considered. PS. Macwah the Warlock and I come as a 2-for-1 offer!

Lemme know if you need any more info. Thanks!!
haggis
haggis

Back to top Go down

Accepted: Tinyhaggis - DK Tank Empty Re: Accepted: Tinyhaggis - DK Tank

Post  Benylin on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks for the app buddy

Can you answer me a few questions

1) How far does your tanking experience go?
2) Have you ever been in a situation where you have had to manage other tanks (a.k.a Main Tank role)?

Cheers
Benylin
Benylin

Back to top Go down

Post  haggis on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:27 pm

No worries.

1.) I was the main tank in Hostile, after the previous MT decided to play as a mage. Tanked all of Naxx 10, the majority of Naxx 25 and Ulduar 10 up to and including Vezax. Off-tanked Iron Council, but tanked the rest of the content up up to Yogg - unfortunately, people stopped playing just as we were nailing Phase 1. Hodir was the most fun to tank - lots of bouncing about the place and avoiding the snow splats. Did tank swapping on 4 Horseman, mortal strike eating on Patchwerk, MT and OT on Kel'Thuzad 10 and 25. I'm good with comms, because I believe good tanking needs good communication - especially in fights where tank swapping has to be perfect.

2.) Yes, I have led raids to Naxx and Ulduar before as MT. I read up on tactics, am as helpful as I can be to other raid members and am happy to co-ordinate with other tanks in anticipation of raids via voicecomms. I work full-time but my evenings are dedicated to online gaming!
haggis
haggis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down