Accepted: Jxz - Deathknight

Go down

Accepted: Jxz - Deathknight Empty Accepted: Jxz - Deathknight

Post  Jxz on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Basic information

In-game name: Jxz
Class: Deathknight
Professions: Jewelcrafting & Blacksmithing
A link to your character on Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Jxz
If you have any other relevant gear, please describe it: I have some tanking gear and am Def capped with about 31k hp self buffed. Mix of Valourous, Hero's and some 5 man heroic drops.

Previous experience

How long have you played WOW? Started playing 4 years ago, think it was Sept 05
Do you have any other characters (server/name/class)? javascript:emoticonp('What a Face')

80 - DK
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Jxz

80 - Paladin
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Hefty

80 - Druid
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Dr%C3%B2%C3%B3d

80 - Warlock
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grim+Batol&n=Jxz

70 - Rogue
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Jass

70 - Warlock
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Hilol

Also have a 67 priest, 74 warrior, 70 mage.

What is your raiding experience?

Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms raids

10-player:

* Karazhan TBC - Cleared
* Zul'Aman TBC - Cleared

20-player:

* Zul'Gurub - Cleared
* Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj - Cleared

25-player:

* Caverns of Time: Battle for Mount Hyjal TBC - Cleared
* Sunwell Plateau TBC - Cleared up to Muru

40-player:

* Molten Core - Cleared
* Onyxia's Lair - Cleared
* Blackwing Lair - Cleared
* Temple of Ahn'Qiraj - Cleared up to the Twin Emps

Outland raids TBC

25-player:

* Gruul's Lair TBC - Cleared
* Magtheridon's Lair TBC - Cleared
* Serpentshrine Cavern TBC - Cleared
* The Eye TBC - Cleared
* Battle for Mount Hyjal TBC - Cleared
* Black Temple TBC - Cleared

Northrend raids WotLK

10 and 25-player:

* Naxxramas WotLK - Cleared
* The Eye of Eternity WotLK - Cleared
* Ulduar WotLK - Cleared withing first couple of weeks but left the game thereafter, hence no gear from Ulduar but you can check my achievements on Jxz.

Your guild history. Previous guilds and why did you leave them?

I have been in the following guilds on Outlands "The Anvil", "Illusion" & "Fallen Knights". Reasons for leaving were just progression or guilds going inactive, i have never left on bad terms and still have many friends from my old guilds.

Recently I have been in a guild called "Sublime" on Grim Batol. I had to leave because i could no longer meet the raiding requirements and my new job.

Current situation

Do you have a working microphone? Yes
During what times can you raid? And how often? (We raid Thuesday, Thursday and Sunday 19:30-23.00 CET) Only day i have a problem with is Tuesday which i get home 22:30 Server time.
Why do you want to join Unsafe and what will you bring the guild? I have known of you guys when i played a horde Character and at the moment am looking for a casual raiding enviroment, I am a player with good experience and have played as a DPS/Tank/Healer on various classes.
Do you know any players already in the guild? Who? No

Tell us about yourself

Feel free to add any other information you find relevant, this is the part you need to sell yourself to us. We need to know if your going to fit in with us, and if you have the quality we want.

Recently came back to playing wow on 14/12/09 after a break during the summer, am looking for some casual raiding and reading about you guys seems to be a good place to settle in.

I know of you guys when i used to play a Horde warlock called Hilol on Outland, I had considered or i think i did apply to you guys but at the time you were full on warlocks. As that warlock i raided SSC and TK in a guild called Dawn.

I have badges saved up and am farming more to get T9 gear.
Jxz
Jxz

Back to top Go down

Accepted: Jxz - Deathknight Empty Re: Accepted: Jxz - Deathknight

Post  Jxz on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:20 pm

1) How far does your tanking experience go? - mostly offtank/dps in raids not MT
2) Have you ever been in a situation where you have had to manage other tanks (a.k.a Main Tank role)? Not main tanked. On the odd occasion i have it has been something like an alt Karazhan run.
3) If you were successful would you be wanting to move all your chars here, and if the answer is yes would you be prepared to play an alt char if the raid composite required it for a certain boss / raid evening? Most of my characters are already on outland so if needed i have no problem jumping on another one, would maybe just need to move my druid and transfer my lock to my active account.

Im based near Reading, and working in London.
Jxz
Jxz

Back to top Go down

Post  Winno on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi again Jxz,
And thanks for reopening your application with us now that we need a dps DK Smile

A few new questions from me:
What have you done since we last spoke? See you have done ICC10 up to festergut, is this just from pugs or did you join some guild in the meantime?
What sort of dps can you push on a normal bossfight?

That's about all I want to know for now, but maybe gereda and haggis can contribute with some DK questions regarding spec, gear etc. since I am clueless on that Very Happy
Winno
Winno

Back to top Go down

Post  Jxz on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Hey mate,

Since we last spoke I was working on my gear and am doing ICC10 with "the gits" but we have a rotation system as there is many members but we only raid 10 man.

I was pushing over 5K on festergut this week and when i last did Avalon i think it was 5.3ish, i may still have it on my recount.

I have done many tries on Rotface but due to raid composition not always being the same, we have new players needing to learn the fight making it difficult.
Jxz
Jxz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xianda on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Jxz wrote:Hey mate,

Since we last spoke I was working on my gear and am doing ICC10 with "the gits" but we have a rotation system as there is many members but we only raid 10 man.

I was pushing over 5K on festergut this week and when i last did Avalon i think it was 5.3ish, i may still have it on my recount.

I have done many tries on Rotface but due to raid composition not always being the same, we have new players needing to learn the fight making it difficult.

Seems good, cant remember what i pulled on my dk on Festergut, (have been sitout for 2 weeks, now playing hunter) you have a bit too much expertise, nothing big to worry about, I see that you have also specced Reaping upon achieving the 2 set bonus from tier 10 which is perfect, only thing i could see a quick upgrade for is your tanking ring, i guess you could use the Ashen ring in that spot?

Best of luck
Xianda
Xianda

Back to top Go down

Post  Jxz on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Laughing

I do have the ashen ring, bit confusing why equipment manager hasnt swapped it over, could be due to the last time i upgraded the ring i didnt save it to the equipment manager.
Jxz
Jxz

Back to top Go down

Post  Benylin on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi mate,

Thanks for reaplying, how are you currently working on your gear, I know you said your currently raiding (kind of) in a guild, does this include 25man and 10man? Do you PUG 25mans?

Also how do you keep upto date with the relevant changes to your class and theorycrafting to min/max your DPS output
Benylin
Benylin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xianda on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Jxz wrote:Laughing

I do have the ashen ring, bit confusing why equipment manager hasnt swapped it over, could be due to the last time i upgraded the ring i didnt save it to the equipment manager.

ye its quite annoying that we have to save it agian each time, but thats all i have Very Happy
Xianda
Xianda

Back to top Go down

Post  Jxz on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Current guild only does 10 man raiding with spots rotated, if i be honest my Gearscore is ~5340 recently and was around 5200 for a few weeks. I have pugged 25 man Toc but havent had any success with 25 man ICC, they either complain my GS is low or that i dont have 25 man achievement.

To keep up to date i watch out for patch notes and regularly visit Elitist jerks, deathknight.info and deathknight wow forum subsection. I also have RAWR and use that to see if i can make improvements in gear/enchants/gems although i wouldnt claim to be a master with it yet.

I've raided unholy most of my time playing this class (since early naxx) and not alot has changed (rotation/gems/enchants) apart from talents.
Jxz
Jxz

Back to top Go down

Post  Winno on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:58 pm

just so you know, we also rotate our raidspots a bit Smile

we always aim to have 13-14 raiding members rotating the 10 available spots. as much as we know that its no fun to be on sitout for a raidnight its needed so we can still make raids the days when some ppl are unable to come.

also, all our members are required to stay unsaved for ICC10 on their mains at any time, even if they dont get picked for the 'farmrun' on thursdays, since we might still need them later on in the week Smile
Winno
Winno

Back to top Go down

Post  Jxz on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Thats cool and totally understandable.
Jxz
Jxz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jxz on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:21 pm

I must just add Tuesday is not a problem raiding anymore. Sometimes (usually one week a month) i can be asked to do the late shift where i finish work at 19:30 cet and can be home to be ready to raid by 20:30.
Jxz
Jxz

Back to top Go down

Post  Winno on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:50 pm

can we have a chat on vent tomorrow at some time? for example 19.00 servertime?
ill PM you the vent details Smile

edit: just came to think about that friday night might not be good for you, so sunday is also good Razz

Last edited by Stormfox on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Winno
Winno

Back to top Go down

Post  Jxz on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:25 am

Sunday would be great, igot the PM, speak to you guys soon.
Jxz
Jxz

Back to top Go down

Post  Winno on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Sunday it is Smile
Winno
Winno

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content